...Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
Ephesians 5:23 (ESV)
New Covenant, a church, is a covenanted body of people who profess and give evidence that they have been saved by God’s grace alone, for His glory alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone under the authority of Scripture alone. We are a local, living, and loving collection of people who are committed to Christ and committed to each other.
What is the Gospel?
It is literally the ‘good news’ of God’s salvation of sinners by the obedience and sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ. It’s the good news that when you trust in Christ alone for salvation, the determining factor in your relationship with God is not your past, but Christ’s past; not your record, but Christ’s record; not your life, but Christ’s life. It is the good news that by God’s grace and through faith in Jesus Christ all of your sins can be forgiven and you can be counted in the righteousness of Jesus Christ receiving his eternal life, his fellowship with the Father and the Holy Spirit. To God be all honor, glory and praise forever!
New Covenant worships our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ together on Sunday mornings. All worship is in the Spirit of our Lord and in the truth of His Word. The Scriptures direct and guide all our worship of God. Our 9:00 am service is characterized by traditional reformed worship led by a choir. Our 11:00 am service is characterized by contemporary worship led by a band. Please visit our sermon page for a sampling of sermons.
Children are welcome in all worship services. There is a nursery available for newborns through 3 year olds. The nursury is directly behind the sanctuary. During our 11 am service children are invited to be in worship for the beginning, then during the welcoming period children may leave with Sara Dowdy (Children's Director) to attend children's church.
All members of New Covenant, Ministers
To email the ministerial staff please send messages to Administrative Coordinator, Babette Rader
Babette Rader, Administrative Coordinator. Email Babette
Tanya Campbell, Worship Leader. Email Tanya
David Falgoust, Site Manager.
Katy Overman, Weekday School Director. Email Katy
Mary Louise Clark, Weekday School Administrative Assistant Email Mary Louise
Events at New Covenant: events
New Covenant was started in 1979. The congregation joined the EPC in 2011. Hunter Gray was called to New Covenant in 2006 as an associate pastor. He took over the pastoral responsibilities in 2008. He is originally from Baton Rouge. He is married with three children. He likes to take care of his chickens, ducks, rabbits, quail, bees, garden and occasionally hunt alligator in his spare time .
Kevin Phipps was called to New Covenant in 2015 as an associate pastor. He is originally from Metairie. He is married with two children. He likes to watch other people play sports while enjoying wonderful South Louisiana delicacies in his spare time.
New Covenant is a member of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
Please click here to see the EPC's website. See the tab "About the EPC". There you will find our denomination's Values, Distinctives, and Beliefs.
Click here for a pdf version of Westminster Confession of Faith.
Click here for a pdf version of Essentials of Our Faith.
Essentials of Our Faith
All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God's redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these Essentials:
1. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
2. Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
3. The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God's free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
5. The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
6. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth—personally, visibly, and bodily—to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. "Even so, come, Lord Jesus" (Revelation 22:20).
7. The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to "Him who loved us and gave Himself for us." He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10).
These Essentials are set forth in greater detail in the Westminster Confession of Faith.